“Financial Stability” class teaches overall budgeting skills with an emphasis on individual choice. Classes are tailored to the needs of the participants and include a combination of instruction and practical application discussion.
Who is Eligible?
CAA provides financial management assistance to anyone interested in Jackson, Lenawee and Hillsdale counties. There are no income eligiblity requirements.
Additional Program Info:
Topics for classes include the following:
- Communication –making decisions with a spouse or partner who has different priorities/values.
- Creating a Budget Plan – planning for the household spending based on the individual/ household priorities.
- Credit Awareness – including how to make arrangements with creditors and establishing credit.
- Predatory Lending – check cashing pros/cons, mortgage scams, “Buy Here/Pay Here” worth it?
- Goal Setting – developing realistic goals and sticking to them.
- Basic Banking and Investing– provide as needed banking education.
- Energy Education – reduce energy cost with simple changes, including an energy (as available)
Jackson County - Sheila Everts, email@example.com, 517-768-2837
Lenawee County - Julie Laughlin, firstname.lastname@example.org, 517-263-7861 or 1-800-438-1845
Hillsdale County - Lisa Roberts, email@example.com, 517-437-3346 or 1-800-750-9300
CAA is a proud host of the 2015-16 Americorps Foreclosure Corps Members