* This program is only available in Jackson & Hillsdale County
Community Action Agency in Jackson and Hillsdale Counties help sponsor the "Warm the Children" campaign to buy new, warm winter clothing for area children in need.
In Jackson County, the Jackson Citizen Patriot, Jackson Junior Welfare League, Meijer, and CAA are partners on the project. In 2013, the Jackson community donated to purchase new clothing for over 558 local children, 2014 we served 677, and in 2015 there were 805 children who were able to stay warm because of the generosity of those who played such a huge role..
In Hillsdale County, the Hillsdale Daily News, the Hillsdale County Community Foundation and CAA are partners on the project. In 2012, the community generously supported the campaign and raised enough funds to purchase warm clothing for 134 area children.
Additional Program Information
How it works: Community Action Agency partners with other area organizations and businesses in each county. Applications are taken (during the application enrollment period) and families and children are served as donated funds become available. Volunteers then go shopping with families. Children must be 16 and under at time of sign up. Children are eligible to sign up every year.
100% of all donations are used to purchase warm clothing for the children!
- Children must be between the ages of newborn and 16 as of October 1st. Foster children are not eligible.
- Household must be under the federal poverty level for its size. (See flyer)
- Parents of the children may not work for the Jackson Citizen Patriot, Community Action Agency or Jackson Junior Welfare League
You must be provide the following information:
- Copy of state ID or driver's licenseSocial security
- numbers for all household members
- Proof of household income for the last 30 days. (Includes check stubs, benefit letter from DHS, Unemployment, SSI/SSD, child support
***If children were shopped for last season, they are not eligible for Warm the Children. Children shopped in 2013 are not eligible until 2015.
For more information contact:
517-784-4800 or 800-491-0004 in Jackson County
517-437-3346 or 800-750-9300 in Hillsdale County