The Weatherization Program provides free home energy conservation services to low income home owners and renters in Jackson, Lenawee and Hillsdale counties. Since 1976, Community Action Agency has provided weatherization to over 7,600 homes in Jackson, Lenawee and Hillsdale Counties.
Energy Conservation services may include:
- Wall Insulation
- Attic Insulation
- Foundation Insulation
- Air Leakage Reduction
- Weather stripping of leaky doors
- Repairing windows and other minor repairs
- Smoke Detectors
- Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs
- Furnace & Hot Water Heater Repair or Replacement
To apply for the program:
- Schedule an appointment to complete a Weatherization Program application. For any questions related to the application process please call the number listed below for your county.
- If you are income eligible and your home has not been weatherized since 1994, a pre-inspector will schedule an inspection of your home.
- If your home is eligible based on your weatherization needs, a weatherization contractor will schedule the work to be performed.
- Upon completion, a post-inspector will schedule an inspection of your home to evaluate the weatherization measures installed and make sure you are satisfied with the work performed.
Jackson: 517-784-4800 or 800-491-0004
Lenawee: 517-263-7861 or 800-438-1845
Hillsdale: 517-437-3346 or 800-750-9300
Thank You Local Contractors & Energy Auditors